“A Marina Vaptzarova journal is like no other, it is one you will want to look at, to own and to embrace for the comfort and confidence it inspires. The experience begins before you even open it to write inside.”
- Our brand aims to uphold:
- Nepal’s cultural heritage
- Its eco-system
- Its economy
- enhances the prestige of Nepali artisans
Materials Used in Products
Products are made using primarily Daphne Paper:
- Daphne paper is made from the Daphne bush (Lokta in Nepalese), which has very long fibres giving extraordinary strength to the paper.
- Daphne paper does not attract paper-eating insects, which means it can last for many decades, even centuries.
- Daphne paper, a very old traditional knowhow in Nepal, is still used, due to its strength and longevity for important Nepal government official documents.
- All products are handmade by local Nepali artisans. Marina Vaptzarova products are handmade in its’ own workshop in Kathmandu.
- Brass elements are hand-carved by skilled artisans in the Kathmandu Valley.
- All products are made according to the original designs of Marina Shrestha.